Monday, September 13, 2010

Update

Yes, yes I am still here.

Do you know why older people are retired, the time goes way too fast for them to have a job, how in the world can you fit it in those short, short days!!

At the end of every day I think what did I do all day for it to go so fast. I have no idea what the word "BORED" means.

Today we finally got our Ontario licence plates, took us three trips and some. As much as we love it here, you Manitobians have NO idea how good you have it. For my Drivers Licence I had to go to a different place again, and not in our neighborhood either. It seems I kept on handing them my VISA card, every where they wanted money!

But how we love Ottawa and driving is so much easier with the roads marked so well. Of course I use our GPS a lot. Today it was raining and how nice it was to be able to park underground and not get wet.

I meet all sorts of people in the elevator and so very friendly. Usually the comment is, "You are on the 21st floor, that is so high! You are almost in Heaven (or something like that)" To which I usually reply: "Yep, you need a prayer answered? 2106 is the place to be!"
This cute elderly couple said: "We have to remember that!!"

I had Anneka here for the weekend, her main reason was to make "Oma's Cinnamon Buns". Would you believe I could not find the small beater of the bread machine? She was such a good sport about it and I told her so. At least we had some great bonding time in the pool. We wanted to try out the Sauna but we did not know how to work it, not realizing it had to heat up for 10 min. So we did that the following day. All that luxury we have is quite special.

We are still waiting for the rest of our leather furniture, Ted just loves his recliner and he often tells me how happy he is just to be with me in our apartment.

It sure is great to be able to see the grandchildren, Ron and Lynne, we find, are actually too far away, about 45 min. I am getting quite used to driving on the 417 the main and busiest free way in Ottawa, as long as we stay away from it during rush hours. Hopefully we'll get to see them more often. The children seem to adapt well to the new school.

We both are in very good health, though Ted realizes he can not drive anymore, we did not even get him a drivers licence. He seems to get disoriented, while in Winnipeg he knew so well how to get around. Those are all bumps in the road of life. It would be in bad taste for us to complain, since God has blessed so so much.

No comments: