Saturday, September 18, 2010

Ted's Birthday

Yesterday was Ted's 78th Birthday. The kids had planned to take us out for dinner, would have been so nice, but......I got sick. It started with a mild sore throat on Wednesday and Thursday and I felt like exhausted all day. I took some Nightquil, which kept me awake all night, it is supposed to make you sleep. When I woke up Friday I felt sick, really sick.
Today is a lot better, I seemed to have made a remarkable recovery except I still have no appetite and no sense of smell. I made some food for Ted and could not smell a thing. But like anything else we get over it. Ted blames it on me wanting to have the windows open at night. We have floor to ceiling windows and in the bedroom the windows open at the bottom and I just love the fresh air. He might be right!

It sure is nice to be able to keep everything open when we go out, even when it is raining. It is safe, who is going to climb 21 floors? Talking about floors, those stairs are excellent for keeping in shape.

I still love it here and actually never think about Winnipeg. I love driving around. Wednesday we actually drove to Quebec, we had to get our Passports renewed and some lady in the licence bureau had told me you never have to wait in line in Quebec and was she ever right about that. Mind you they started out by talking French but were able to switch to English. I found them very friendly and accommodating.
When we look out of our window we see a road winding along side the Ottawa river.
I had mentioned to Ted I'd like to take a ride there. Well that road led us right
smack into Quebec. The scenery was beautiful and so are the roads, no potholes.
I would have liked to walk around in that town, but Ted was not up to it, well,
may be the next time.

1 comment:

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Think of you-2 HAPPY BIRTHDAY:)