Monday, July 26, 2010

The house is sold

At least the papers are at the lawyers, we are happy and the new buyers are happy. No they are not the buyers I mentioned in the previous post. This couple showed up two days later. A beautiful Christian family, very musical, actually he is a music teacher. They had been praying for a house and as they walked into ours they knew it would become theirs. She told me later, I asked the Lord for just a small yard, but he gave me "A park". They saw our house on the ComFree web site.

Our movers are coming very soon. Plans are to fly out when the moving truck drives away, now how exciting is that! I have not purchased our tickets yet, just waiting for a better price!

There are still a few things on the program before we leave. I sold pretty well every thing we do not want to take along. There are still some garden tools and two Shaw cable boxes, which really is too bad because the one HD box we'd bought just a few months ago with our flat screen TV.

People are asking me how I feel leaving it all behind, afterall, we spend some 20+ years here, an accumulation of memories
Plans to leave the house have been in the making for a few years, but more seriously when Ron told us about his new job opportunity in Ottawa. The up keep of the house was becoming quite a chore for me. Ron and Lynne were always there to help us. Ron is such a handy-man and he would be over in a day or sooner depending on the necessity.

So a few months ago I started with the process to act more with my head than with my heart. You do what you have to do (my "go with the flow mentality"). That giant box the grand kids used for a playhouse seems like the ideal thing for "unwanted items". Every day I tackled an area because I am not "a wait till the last day kind of a person". At times when memories came to the surface, I'd say: "It has to be done, no choice, if not now than next year or the year after, besides, do I want our kids having to do it when I am old and decrepit?"

But I am glad it is all done and I hope I'll never have to do this again, holy smoke, why do we hang on to things? I am a very sentimental slob at heart. I know exactly who gave me what and when they bought it. I personally love giving, but receiving overwhelms me, may be that is why!

No comments: