Thursday, April 22, 2010

I can't believe I did this!


We have been having such beautiful weather of which I have taken advantage. Yesterday I spend again a couple of hours in the yard, cleaning up the flower beds. Checking what's left from last year.

I removed a lot of dried up leaves and it looked better already. But, I thought, it has been a few years since I had the flower beds replenished with some fresh soil. The thought of spending the money did not appeal to me, delivery cost more than the soil it self.

But than we received a flyer in the mail box from "Jack". We get one every year. So I did some price checking and he was a lot cheaper. This morning I called him and he'd deliver after lunch. Ted looked at me, his love for gardening is a whole lot less than mine. Spending $80.00 seemed to him a total waste. I said: "Hey, what about those coins I have been collecting, all nicely rolled up, wouldn't Jack just love that?"

Anyways, Jack arrived at around one o'clock, he dumped the two yards of soil on the lawn, took my coin collection and after some small talk, drove off.

I went to work with a wheel barrow and a shovel and boy was I having fun, no really. Except for the smell of manure, yuk! Just before three, Ted called me to come in it had been long enough he thought. Guess what! I was done. All around the house, I even used some of my dried grass clippings for a filler against the house and the soil on top. If a gardener had done the whole job, I'd highly recommend him!

Pretty soon I'll be able to plant the seedlings I started a month ago. I don't think I'll do that again, what a pain. I am not even sure they will thrive. I may still have to buy the plants. It cost me about 40 bucks already. Have to wait and see.

3 comments:

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

You did a great job! Happy Gardening:)

Yvonne Parks said...

You are super-woman!!

Vikki said...

WOWZERS i spent 30 mins weeding and turning the soil and was exhausted!!!!