Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Update

Not much has changed with Ted's condition. He tends to sleep a lot and because of the Parkinson's you'll find us having coffee and toast at the craziest hours. I told him to wake me when he has a hard time. I am a very good sleeper, (most of the time). Therefore I am not always aware that he is up and about.

This morning he had an appointment for an MRI at the Health Science Centre (Hospital). We left the house at 6am. I am so thankful we are able to park behind the Bardal Funeral Home, which is right across from the Hospital. Yvonne made the arrangements for that.(She knows the owner, so do we, but I am not that brave) We can just cross the street, Ted can manage that. Once we are inside there are wheelchairs. He has a few more tests forth coming. So not having to worry about parking is such a blessing since I have to drive now.

Did you know that the MRI machine is on the go 24/7 ? Actually we got a call Monday evening, they had a cancellation could we come at 3am. We hesitated because of the area, I mean, two elderly people in the dark, no that did not seem wise.But then yesterday morning we got an other call for an opening. Mind you, it was still dark but with more activity around there.

Ted's vision is not very good, he tells me, when he looks at me, my face is all funny. Shucks, all this beauty going to waste, hahaha! The walking is very slow even with his cane, as we crossed the street I was afraid cars would reach us. He kept saying: "Don't rush me, don't rush me!"

He tends to be more forgetful, keeping an eye on his medication is now an important task for me.
But we are looking forward to better days. I tend to take each day as it comes and enjoy that day!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

You are an amazing Lady Trudy, all my best wishes and prayers for you and Ted.