Tuesday, April 24, 2012

So this afternoon Ted and I drove to the Dutch Store. I was out of my Aged Gouda Cheese, krokets, hagelslag (chocolate sprinkles), beschuit (rusks) and cookies and Ted wanted his drop (licorice)!

Because we spend a lot of time together, it seems we speak Dutch more and more. I must say a lot of things just sound so much funnier in Dutch.

Anyways, I parked our car on the parking lot of the  Mall in which the Dutch store is located. When we saw a lady crossing the lot. I said: "I bet my boots that she is Dutch, by the way she looks, is dressed." while adding, "and the way she walks! Ted remarked: " Ze loopt thuis waarschijnlijk altijd op klompen!" I began to laugh, because that sounded so funny in Dutch! (Meaning, at home she probably always walks on wooden shoes! Which of course is totally nonsense!)

No comments: