Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Our water


I found this web site extremely interesting

Ottawa's Drinking Water Quality Rated as Exceptional


The Ministry of the Environment (MOE) has rated the City of Ottawa’s drinking water as one of the safest in the world.

(That it is the best water I can testify to that, because in Winnipeg I'd never, ever drank tap water, it was well, to say it mildly, bad.)

At the top of this picture taken from our Balcony, we can see a Water Purification Plant. I decided to find out a bit more about it

Yesterday as I walked by the beach I found it nearly deserted, and a large sign told me that swimming was unsafe, I wondered why!!(after all I worked for a Well Drilling company in Winnipeg for 12 years, where water testing was routinely done). Of course, curious as I am, I Googled it. Well it is because of the E-coli in the water. The water is being tested everyday. So, before you decide to go to the beach you can either Google or call a number in order to find out the water quality. Is that cool or what?

There are about five beaches in Ottawa, two of them around here.

No comments: