Saturday, June 11, 2011

I am, I am security!


Since we are living in this Condo, we have received notices that there has been some vandalism in the garage, such as puncturing tires etc. Last week some, believe it or not, graffiti on a few doors on two floors.
We have very tight security, from a doorman (years ago) to a more costly sophisticated intercom system with a camera. So it is very difficult to get in without a key, unless people are let in by residents as they enter because it is very awkward to refuse them entrance.

So last night I had to walk over to the drugstore and as I came out of the door a man wanted to get in. He told me the intercom did not work. I explained to him that I am not supposed to let anybody in. He understood that but told me that he would be my neighbor since he had purchased a Condo and he was visiting his son who lives on the 10th. I asked him what floor he was going to be on and some other small talk. He actually did not blame me and was glad to see residents are careful.

Anyway, this afternoon I stepped out of our apartment and at the same time our neighbors across from us stepped out of their door and who was with them? Yep, the intruder! Hey he said to Anne and George, (a real fun couple) she would not let me in last night! Oh good grief I thought! George said: "Can you blame her?" So we started kidding around, then the "intruder" said: "Look at my face!" "Never mind your face!" I said: "Look at mine, you have no idea what I am capable off! I only let you in because you did not carry a paint spray can!" To which he replied, : "Had one in my pocket!"

Actually George is in the (Condo) board of directors, at least that is a consolation! Last night when I told Ted I would not let a man in, he thought I had gone a bit of the deep end, hahaha!
Well, I want to be safe in this place especially going into the elevator for 20 some floors.

No comments: