Tuesday, November 02, 2010

My day!

Today Yvonne and I had some fun time together. We went to the mall, which is three min away.
As we walked into the Mall, we passed a new booth with Hickory Farm products and a guy handing out mints, who are, according to him, the best. I had to admit, they were delicious.

We shopped around for some jewelery, after all, you can never have enough earrings! Then I bought a coat and Yvonne bought a jacket, something we definitely could not live without!

For lunch we ate at Moxie's who, as far as I am concerned, have
the best Broccoli Cheese soup. (Though I notice the bowls are getting smaller.)

Then it was time to head home, and of course who did we pass? Right, Mr Hickory Farm. I mentioned to Yvonne, "I wonder if the man recognizes us, may be I should put my new coat on! I want to sample an other mint!" No use switching coats, because we heard: "Well, hello there, I remember you ladies!" I just had to tell him how much I liked the "mints". He went into a great deal of effort to convince us how very special these mints are, yes he did and I kid you not!

We looked at the other products they sell, actually, they make nice gifts for Christmas, Yvonne and I were saying to each other. I told him: "I used to love the sausage but since I stay away from meats as much as I can I would not buy that, even though they were on "sale". He convinced us to sample a piece. "Oh, and wait have you ever tried our cheese?" Of course, when you are with Yvonne, who is such a comedian, you end up laughing. The guy said: "You ladies are hilarious!" Yvonne said to him: " You should be a Car Salesman, you're good!" Oh, but I am not on commission he told her.
Yvonne whispered to me,"we'd better buy something!" I thought, well Ted would love some of the sausage, so I bought one. Before I paid he had one more thing for us to sample, an individual wrapped truffle, six layers of chocolate and dusted with cocoa he told us with pride!
Ya, well I thought, sausage that's it buddy!

When we finally were back in the car, I wondered how come I was nauseous, hahaha!
But what a good time we had!

1 comment:

Yvonne Parks said...

I still think jason should hire that guy! He was terrific!