Sunday, October 17, 2010

Time flies

I can't believe an other week has gone by. Here we are past the middle of October. In about two months we are in the Christmas season. Jason reminded us of that fact today. That will be our first in Ottawa.

Ottawa sure is a nice city and we love it here! I drive around more than I ever did in Winnipeg. One of these days we'd like to go across the river and see what is on the other side. We can see the hills of Quebec from our apartment.

This morning we looked after the girls (Anneka and Aila) because Yvonne and Jason led the worship in church this morning, that meant they had to be there (in church) very, very early. Anneka and I made some Cinnamon buns for her to take home. The part she likes the most is making the icing and eating what's left over! Hahaha!

We had to buy a new bread maker because I lost the kneading paddle (probably ended up in the garbage) and the supplier asked a ridiculous price for those things, would you believe $24,00? Ted was not even sure the machine was worth it, after all, I used it a lot. Now I have a real beauty with two paddles, which makes also a longer bread.

For the rest Ted and I live a quiet life, we enjoy our apartment. Yesterday we did some exploring behind the condo's, ours is not the only one here. This area has many walking/bicycle paths, with a yellow line in the center, so lots of room for passing by. We walked, rather I did because Ted was on the scooter, towards the beach, through a park, actually very beautiful especially now in the fall. The wind made it a bit chilly though. Being inside and so high up we have no idea what it is like outside. It's often very nice on the balcony when the wind comes from the other direction. The windows are open most of the time.

No comments: