Monday, August 23, 2010

Ottawa! I'm loving it!

Today I cleaned the carpet in the living/dining room. The very light carpet looked clean but yet I noticed that it had dust or whatever embedded in it. The apartment was empty for nine months. Hard to believe that the water that came out of the steam cleaner was pretty dirty. A few hours later and It is already dry and looking nice.
That is another accomplishment for me. The other rooms I will do in a few days. I am so glad I took that cleaner along.

Yesterday I drove out to the church where Yvonne and Jason were invited to lead the singing. I had not heard them for a while and I felt they were a real blessing. Afterwards Yvonne introduced me to some of the people of the worship band. Very nice group, actually I like that church, a bit towards the conservative style. I actually like exploring Ottawa.

One younger guy asked me what I do, well, I told him, I am retired and enjoying life. If I feel like walking, that's what I do, or shopping, or whatever a person wants to do when you have lots of time. He had this puzzled look on his face, so I quickly added, don't worry I have done my time! I was still working up to two years ago. What did I do he wanted to know. Well, I had the stressful job of being an accountant I told him.

Honestly, when I look at our life as it is right now, Ted and I are truly blessed and the Lord keeps pouring it on. This is definitely the place He wanted us to be and I add, for the time being! After all, we never know where our roads lead us. But for now, it's beginning to feel like "Home".

Last Saturday we went to IKEA to get a few wall units and a coffee table. Jason and Yvonne put it all together. I could have never been able to do that. A good thing Jason is building all them muscles doing workouts! Hahaha.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Truus,
How large is your balcony? how many directions are you able to see?Do the three views indicate 3 directions? Have you got any plants up there yet? I'm so glad you like it there
love,
Nelly

Trudy said...

The Balcony is approx. 20' by 6'. We are on a corner. What you see is the Ontario river, (two pictures).I did not show the view on the far right.
Yvonne bought me a Strawberry plant, from which I still get berries. She bought a Grape plant and one other potted flowery plant.
I did buy a few very large plants for the living room. I was able to bring some on the moving truck as well, though the guys would not guarantee they'd stay alive!! They must have thought that crazy lady, better NOT argue with her, hahaha!

We just love Ottawa it is immaculate, and easy to drive, don't go on the 417 at rush time, I made that mistake, though Jason had warned me. But....you know, this crazy lady!