Sunday, August 15, 2010

Doing well!

Well, we are just about settled in and we love the apartment. Actually, it feels like I am on vacation. As a matter of fact, I was taking a bath and thought oh my goodness, I'll have to clean this myself, hahaha! The whole building looks like a beautiful hotel. I went to check out the rest of the building. I saw the (very large inside) swimming pool, the exercise room, even a library and a game room. There of course is the intercom and we have a security camera of the front entrance on our TV, Every door in the building is accessed by a key only. We have our own mailbox and there is a slot to dispose of our outgoing mail. The people we meet are super nice. Even though it is not a retirement Condo, the majority are seniors I noticed.

What is also very wonderful, there are several malls within 10 min radius walking distance. An IKEA 5min by car and some other large malls. Yvonne, the girls and I went to the beach close by with beautiful clear water.

I am a bit disappointed with the moving company the guys broke a couple of drawers of my dresser. Now they might reimburse me for a new dresser, but that's no good since the bedroom suite has more pieces, which of course they cannot do anything about. I will have to discuss with them about a few more damaged items.

We had ordered a leather living room set, a sofa, love seat and a recliner, but they could not get the sofa into our door!. Ever heard of anything like that before? So I had to order an other love seat, which will take about three weeks.

Those I call, "bumps in the road", not pleasant but I just go with the flow. The Lord has been so good to us and that is our main focus.
We are just so very happy with this place.

Yesterday Yvonne and the girls came over and Yvonne put special interlocking tiles on our cement balcony and it just looks fantastic. She had already bought a Strawberry plant and a grape vine and they are soaking up the morning sun.

I put my easy glider exercise machine on the balcony as well so that in the evening I watch the world go by, it is like a TV with one channel hahaha! There are no bugs to spoil the fun, mind you at night a few spiders come out, I got rid of them real fast with the zapper!

Yvonne could not have picked a better place for us to retire in, WE ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are not missing all those mosquitoes. There were a lot in Alberta this year too. Glad you are happy in your new home.

Colleen