Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Still at it

So this morning the Canadian Diabetic Assn of Canada picked up ton's of stuff. There were two boxes of books, good books I might add. Wouldn't you know, they left them. May be they thought they were Encyclopedia's (which they do not want). I guess I should not have taped them shut. So now I had to lift them into our car and we took them to Value Village. Good grief I first had to carry them up the stairs, down the steps. They should pay me for that, hahaha. I sure could use the money! I had parked a complete set of an Encyclopedia on the side of the back lane. That was gone very quickly. What a way to get rid of things and have a traffic jam at the same time, hahaha!

Oh and yes I have sold a lot of things on Kijiji. Our dining room table and chairs were gone just like that. All the baby things, high chair, beds, monitors etc. Toys I pretty well gave away. There are a few toys I will take with us so that the grandchildren see something familiar when they come over.
This is funny, I put a futon type sofa bed on Kijiji for free. A lady called me and asked it to be delivered because she only has a small compact car. An other lady wanted to buy the Treadmill and could she pick that up. I asked her if she would be bringing two strong men, to which she seemed a bit surprised. hey, I'll carry a few boxes with books or a large plant, but that is as far as I go.

I even advertised plants and a lady came all the way from East Kildonan. She paid me 15.00 for a large plant and she is coming for more. I told her, just take good care of them.

Ted has been going through his tools. We bought a nice toolbox so that he can bring some things, all though chances are he won't need them. But what the heck, what is a guy without tools?
The rest I will sell on Saturday's yard sale.

Ron will have a bonfire with all our old files/records and for the rest I am pretty well done, at least the worst is over and I can't believe I did all that because Ted is not capable doing any of it. I might have lost some weight. I just don't think about food. I am like the "Energizer Bunny", I just keep going, going and.....going. This battery seems to last forever. But now I am tired yes, I should be having a nap right now and so I will.

No comments: