Friday, May 14, 2010

This week

Yep, I have been busy the past week. Last Saturday we picked up my sister in law Willy and my niece Nelly (her daughter). They traveled from Oshawa - Toronto to Winnipeg by VIA Rail and went back late last night. I tried to convince them to fly the next time, but they prefer the train ride.

We had a nice relaxing week, Willy who is 87 (looking great though) likes to take it easy and so does Nelly. Since Ted and I have been living quite a "slow pace" existence, we, shall I say, made for good company, hahaha! We had a wonderful time together!

I am usually rather active, but Monday morning I had those cancer spots removed from my legs. It was actually more painful than I had anticipated, since they had to go pretty deep so get all the cells and some! I am still walking around with very impressive bandages. Quite a few stitches on both spots. Needless to say, I was not very mobile either this week.

This afternoon I finally planted all the seedlings I have been trying to grow indoors. They are a very sad sight. I don't think I'll ever do that again. It's better to buy the bedding plants from the experts in the greenhouses. I still have to go there to fill up some spaces here and there and also the pots on the deck.

What a beautiful day we had to day.

1 comment:

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

I can picture you working in the green garden, thats why both looks so pretty:)