Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Update

This morning I went to the Cancer Clinic for my appointment. This was the last time for me. All the tests came out normal. From now on our Family Physician will take over. I was congratulated by the Oncologist and staff. They are such a wonderful bunch. This morning was the first time I went alone. Ted and I have always gone together to either his or my appointment. If and when the outcome is not good you'd like to be together, so this was a new experience for me. He is unable to drive for a while as you can imagine.

Tomorrow we go back to the Hospital for Ted's second CT-Scan. Then Friday morning we have an appointment with an neurologist at the Health Science Center. So we graduated from the Cancer Clinic to the Stroke Clinic!
Since it is a bit nerve wrecking for me as far as parking is concerned, a good friend of ours has offered to take us and will actually wait until we are done. This is just a preliminary visit with the neurologist. We have no idea what is next.on the program.

Ted is doing slightly better, he gets tired quickly. We actually went to WalMart this afternoon, we always bring his scooter along. I thought a change of scenery might do him good. He did not last all that long, but that's okay!
We are trusting the Lord that he will be back to normal soon, in the meantime, we appreciate your prayers and a phone call now and then, Ted would enjoy that very much. Because of his eye sight, he can't be on the computer very much, can't read and the TV tires him out as well. But he does not seem as confused as he was a few days ago.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Hi Trudy, I am praying for you both for strenght and courage. You are an amazing couple and I love you guys.
There is a lady on my floor,her name is Susan,and she has 5 cancerous brain tumors. She does not know the Lord...yet...but I am working on that one. She comes to my door almost every day. I have come to appreciate the wonder of our brain and how we are fearfully and wonderfully made. It doesn't take much interference to cause us a lot of distress. All that to say, God is so faithful, even more so in the challenges that come our way. Say hi to Ted for me and love and hugs to you both.